We've Moved

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

It can be found at the new website: http://fifteen15studios.com/blog/

Personal Blog

Want to know more about the man behind the programs? Check out my personal blog: http://havens1515.blogspot.com

Monday, August 27, 2012

Auto Respond Widgets

This weekend I was working on creating widgets for my Auto Respond Android app. I ran into a couple problems:

1) When I try to change the text on the widget, the app force closes.

I'm trying to make a widget that has a specific message connected to it, so that you can easily turn on an auto response with a preset message from your home screen. I'd like the widget to contain the title of the selected message, so that the user knows what message is being set when the widget is clicked. When I try to set this text, I get an FC.

2) No matter what I do, I can't seem to make anything happen when I click the widget.

I've looked at sample code, tried many things, but no matter what I try, nothing happens when I click the widget. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, because according to all the code I've seen, my code should be working.




I have a couple ideas for different widgets once I understand how to do all of this. The next one that comes to mind is a widget that shows your current auto response message, a quick turn on/off of Auto Respond, and a quick way to change your auto respond message to either a custom value, or a preset value. This widget would be a 1x4 widget.

No comments:

Post a Comment