OK onto the news: this schedule thing is tough. I knew it was going to be, and it has proven that my initial thoughts were correct. There's a lot of variables, a lot of information, and a lot of different ways to possibly organize all of that data. But I'm getting close. Also, it's something I've never really done before, so I'm learning as I go. I'm the kind of person though, that I don't release something until it's done right and I'm completely satisfied with it. My dad always said "If you're going to do something, do it right the first time."
The good part about that, is that when I finally release the next version, you can assume that there will be no issues, and it will work 100% as expected. The bad part is that it will take a bit longer, because I'm always looking into new and better ways to do things and constantly testing.
That being said, here's the new stuff I've got for you:
- All of the pieces of the screen that I showed you last time are working now
- I've created a once-per-update screen that asks users to rate my app or report issues
- This is very important to me and other developers. It helps get our apps seen, and helps us as developers improve our apps.
- If you have any suggestions, issues, anything else, please let me know via email before giving my app a bad rating.
- I've changed/improved some of the existing layouts.
- I've learned some new techniques as I go, and have put them to use to make things more consistent throughout the app.
Right now there is very little left to do for the scheduler:
- save the information somewhere so that I can display your existing schedules
- create the schedule itself
- Allow the schedules to be edited, deleted, and enabled/disable once they are created
Here are some screenshots of my recent work
NOTE: I have noticed (here in this screenshot and previously) that the empty space in the "Days of the Week" dialog is larger than the empty space in the "Months" dialog. I just fixed that, so they will look more consistent in the final version.