We've Moved

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

It can be found at the new website: http://fifteen15studios.com/blog/

Personal Blog

Want to know more about the man behind the programs? Check out my personal blog: http://havens1515.blogspot.com

Monday, March 11, 2013

Auto Respond 1.2.9.6, Tic Tac Toe 1.2.2

I did some more digging into Google Analytics, and found that the crash in Auto Respond was occurring on tablets. All 3 crashes were on a tablet device.

With that said, I'm not sure why anyone would even be using Auto Respond on a tablet so I was a bit confused. Plus, just for kicks, I ran it on my Nexus 10 with no issues, which confused me further.

I was, however, able to recreate the issue on a 7-inch tablet in an emulator. The issue is that a 7-inch tablet failed my check to see if the device is a tablet, and it loads a layout over top of the existing layout - which causes a crash on a tablet settings screen layout, which is why I have that check in the first place.

The good news is, since I used the same code in my Tic Tac Toe game, this avoids an issue if THAT is used on a 7-inch tablet (which is something that is very plausible)

So all 3 apps have been updated (Auto Respond - free and pro, and Tic Tac Toe) to a version free of crashes, and a few minor other updates in each.

These changes have just been pushed to the Play Store, and should be live in a couple hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment