We've Moved

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

It can be found at the new website: http://fifteen15studios.com/blog/

Personal Blog

Want to know more about the man behind the programs? Check out my personal blog: http://havens1515.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Auto Respond 1.3.1

The new Auto Respond has been uploaded to the Google Play store. Again, nothing too big for free users, but a new widget for pro users.


Change log:

(Pro)

  1. Fixed error with scheduler displaying wrong day of week in extremely rare cases
  2. Fixed error with creating a widget with default message in rare cases
  3. Added 4x4 schedule widget (Android 4.0+)
  4. Toggling Auto Respond off will return response message to value prior to activating schedule or widget

(Common)

  1. Changed some appearances
As usual, it may not be live in the Play Store for a couple hours, but you can look forward to seeing it later today.



There are some quirks about the new widget:
  1. It's only available in Android 4.0+
    1. Some of the things I used were added in API 11 (Android 3.0) and since this app is useless on tablets, and 3.x was only used on tablets, this widget is only available on phones with Android 4.0+
  2. When using the on/off toggle for an individual schedule, the widget must reload, which causes it to "blink". It's weird. I tried fixing it, but from what I've seen around the web there's no better way to do it. 
I'm sure I'll take another look into these issues in the future, and see if there is a better way to go about it, but for now it works with some small quirks.

EDIT: For the record, I currently only have 3 users on the pro that are on Android 2.x. Sorry to those 3 users. I tried making it available for everyone, but I couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment