We've Moved

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

It can be found at the new website: http://fifteen15studios.com/blog/

Personal Blog

Want to know more about the man behind the programs? Check out my personal blog: http://havens1515.blogspot.com

Friday, November 23, 2012

Scheduler Done!

It's done!  The scheduler is done!

I spent almost all day today working on understanding how the alarms are scheduled, as well as how they are triggered, and how to deal with time zone offsets. It took me hours just to understand the flow of control with alarms. But after many hours, and a drawing of program flow, it seems to be working very well.

I've only tested a schedule that occurs every day, not yet testing whether the day of week selections or month selections work properly. I have built in checks for those things, but they aren't yet verified to be working properly. I will test both of those things throughout the week across multiple OS versions.

I have already set up 1 schedule that I will be using on a weekly basis, and I will find out Monday morning if that is triggered properly.

As stated in my last post, I expect to have this fully tested and released before the end of next week. With any luck, it'll be early to mid next week.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. To anyone that may check this guy out profile wise..let me just say. In the past few years he has amazed me in depth via his help in android community as well as higher levels finding a d helping correct problems in googles many applications. An advocate for great causes and in general from my personal conversations he is an asset to the community in many levels. In that note. Peace my friend. God bless..Droid2drummer, imanotemaker Rob Clark..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drummer! I try my best.

      This app has been my baby for a while now, so I haven't spent as much time in the forums lately. Plus, I have a Galaxy Nexus, and there's TONS of people in the forums discussing the Nexus phones, unlike the D2. When someone needs help with the Nexus, generally there's someone in there already willing to help.

      That being said, I am very grateful to the people who helped me get started on Android modding and developing, and I have to send out a very heartfelt "THANK YOU!" to anyone who has helped me support Epilepsy Awareness this month. It is something that hits closer to home than most people realize, and it means a lot to me that people become educated about epilepsy and its effects on people's lives.

      Delete