It's done! The scheduler is done!
I spent almost all day today working on understanding how the alarms are scheduled, as well as how they are triggered, and how to deal with time zone offsets. It took me hours just to understand the flow of control with alarms. But after many hours, and a drawing of program flow, it seems to be working very well.
I've only tested a schedule that occurs every day, not yet testing whether the day of week selections or month selections work properly. I have built in checks for those things, but they aren't yet verified to be working properly. I will test both of those things throughout the week across multiple OS versions.
I have already set up 1 schedule that I will be using on a weekly basis, and I will find out Monday morning if that is triggered properly.
As stated in my last post, I expect to have this fully tested and released before the end of next week. With any luck, it'll be early to mid next week. :-)