We've Moved

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

It can be found at the new website: http://fifteen15studios.com/blog/

Personal Blog

Want to know more about the man behind the programs? Check out my personal blog: http://havens1515.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Auto Respond 1.2.6 and beyond

I just published Auto Respond 1.2.6.

Not a whole lot of changes in this version, but I think they are important changes:
  • Finished standardizing the look and feel throughout the app
    • Settings screens now have "OK" and/or "Cancel" buttons in them
Also, I went out and got myself a Nexus 10 on Christmas eve (for those of you who are wondering,  I found it at Walmart. Same prices as on the Play Store.)

I know it's not really an app for tablets, but I have confirmed that Auto Respond DOES open properly, turns on properly, etc. on a tablet. I know there are apps out there that allow you to send and receive SMS messages on a tablet (such as DeskSMS) but I have not yet tested it with such apps. I'm not sure if the app actually PERFORMS properly on a tablet with such apps, but I have confirmed that it at least opens and it looks OK on a tablet. (No FC's or glaring bugs that I found. The new settings look caused some FC's on the tablet, but I fixed them.)

I do plan on making sure that it is compatible with apps such as DeskSMS at some point, and giving it a tablet UI, but I'm not sure exactly when that will happen. (I'm sure not too many people will be using this app with a tablet, so it's not on the top of my to-do list... unless some of you let me know that you will actually use that functionality.)

As I've said before - this is my first Android App, so I'm kind of learning as I go. With the tablet implementation it will be another learning experience.



I did get a request over the weekend, so I will be thinking about how to implement that. The request is the ability to send a specific response to specific contacts, or contacts that follow a certain pattern. (In the case of the individual request, anything that contains @theRequestedDomain.com) I have received similar requests in the past, so this is something I am going to make a priority.

I'm not exactly sure how to implement this, or how to properly test it, but I have some ideas to get me started.



As usual, I just published this release. It may be an hour or 2 before it's live on Google's servers. And if you find any bugs or feature requests, let me know.

Lastly, I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday, no matter what you celebrate. I hope you all got the gifts you were hoping for, and I wish you all the best in the upcoming new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment