We've Moved

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

It can be found at the new website: http://fifteen15studios.com/blog/

Personal Blog

Want to know more about the man behind the programs? Check out my personal blog: http://havens1515.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Auto Respond 1.2.9.5

One more bug fix. This time something that I noticed before, but I wasn't sure what caused it. At the time I thought it may have been because I was using an emulator, not a real device. Turns out I was wrong.

Here's how to replicate the issue: If you add a contact to the "Do Not Respond" list, or the "Custom Response" list, and that contact doesn't have a phone number listed, the program will crash.

Just like the last crash, I saw this crash on Google Analytics and looked into it. It took me a bit to figure out what exactly was causing it, but I got it fixed up. If you try to add such a contact in the new version it will not crash, but it will display a toast notification alerting you that the contact needs to have a name and a mobile phone number listed.

The error was caused if NO phone number was listed, but I made the warning appear even if there was a number listed and that number was not a mobile number. This is because  the app checks to see if it's a mobile number before replying. (This check is actually only done for the phone call response. If you are receiving a text message, the app assumes the number can receive a response message.)

So if you try to add a contact to either of these lists and get that error, make sure that the contact has a mobile phone number and that it is listed as a mobile phone number in the address book. If it's listed as anything other than a mobile phone number, it will display this warning and will not add the contact to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment